Monday, April 15, 2013

Day ???: I lost count- But it has been the best!!

We woke up this morning to a beautiful day, ate breakfast, then I had the usual conversation with my homeschooler. Goes like this:

Mom: "Alright, we have to start school now."

Child: "Awwww, why?"

Mom: "Because you have to learn everyday."

Child: Makes face. "Fine."

But when we started, for some reason she gained interest as we kept going. It became the best Homeschool Day!
This is her version of the Tree with the forbidden fruit, Adam & Eve. And the snake around the tree!

BUT!!! There are days that are not this easy going, they were hard. She fought every step of the way, cried in the middle of transitions from one subject to another. She even got to the point of not moving at all, and just pouting and crying because she just did not want to do it. We got through the classes, but me and her ended up exhausted, then I had to leave to a meeting and she stayed with Daddy at home.

When I get home late, I sit on the couch to rest and I find this:
That's a picture of me and her in a heart.

This gesture just melted my heart and motivated me to keep moving and not give up. I mean she's my daughter I was never going to stop from trying to teach her and find new ways to do it, but on what I considered the worse day God inspired her to give me a glimpse of hope.

That's how our God is. In midst of our worse storm He gives us a glimpse of the eternal hope, mercy & grace that He has for us. Through out this "Homeschool Journey" I'm learning more of her, but also more of how God looks at us, feels for us, and cares for us eternally and unconditionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment